Welcome eShortLine Applicants
Complete the Mandated Railroad Testing & Training
- Receive your railroad safety and security awareness training
- Take the required safety and security awareness tests
- Confirm your personal information is accurate
Confirm that your employer has submitted your information to the eShortLine site. Employers must enter applicant information into the system before site access is permitted.
Call our dedicated support service at 877-435-2041, or reach out to us at
How to log-on for the first time
- Username: Your full last name + two-digit birth month (MM) + two-digit birth date (DD)
- Password: Your first initial of your first name lower case + full birth year.
(Example: Username Smith0723 | Password a1975)
Once you are logged into eShortLine, you will be prompted to set your security questions and reset your password. The password criteria is listed below:
- 8 character minimum
- Must have at least one (1) capital letter
- Must have at least one (1) lower case letter
- Must have at least one (1) symbol (preferably one of the following: @, #, $, %)
If you need assistance logging in please contact support at 877-435-2041 or email [email protected].
You should have received, read, and signed a consent form from your employer, agreeing to this background check investigation.
Please be aware the railroad(s) you contract for will be responsible for the decision of access onto their property based upon your background check results.